SEG is Silicone Edged Graphics.
In SEG, the fabric graphic has a thin silicone strip or gasket sewn around the edges. The silicone finished edges are then inserted into the groove around the perimeter of the framing system to give a swanky and seamless appearance.
Silicone is majorly used for SEG, but polyester is also an option for SEG frames, and is cheaper by at least 50% compared to silicone.
SEG is already being used by premium retail stores due to its dramatic appearance and multiple benefits.
Let's see some of its benefits:
- SEG can be folded compactly for shipping.
- SEG has backlit lightbox options; either wall mounted or free standing.
- You can choose from several types and sizes of wall frames.
- SEG also has a 2-sided frame option for free standing application.
- SEG is much lighter than traditional graphics and is less prone to shipping damage.
- Frame is easily installed and doesn’t require special expertise (general contractor rather than specialized installer). SEG can be installed into the existing frame in minutes by virtually anyone. No prior install experience needed. While in the case of traditional signage, there is risk of damaging the fabric while installing in person.