The high-performance spectral engine of the X-RITE 530 REFLECTIVE SPECTRODENSITOMETER provides the most precise color measurement technology available today. By combining the capabilities of a high-end densitometer, precise colorimeter, and a powerful spectrophotometer, the versatile 530 Spectrodensitometer is a color tool that works at every step in the production process.
Color Control Where You Need It
Get ahold of the powerful X-Rite 530 and you can take command of color anywhere you go. The wide range of color measurement features and rugged, portable design combine to make this new device the best in its class. Use it at press side to measure a variety of common density functions—or take advantage of our EFS™ or News modes to speed your measurement of color control elements. In materials testing, switch to the X-Rite 530's color functions and verify that special colors and paper values are still in line with customer or shop requirements. View the data, or look at simple graphs that can be viewed directly on the instrument display. In the ink room, use the powerful spectral data along with your ink mixing system to test, formulate or correct ink formulas quickly and accurately.
Simple Color Comparison
For more-than-four-color printing jobs or those with multiple special colors, use our simple color compare function. Found only in X-Rite X-Rite instruments, it can save you time when evaluating color differences, making you more productive. Just identify your ideal color references using the density, color or paper functions of the X-Rite 530. Unlike ordinary color measurement devices, the X-Rite 530 stores the unique spectral identity of up to 24 individual reference colors. Then, during the production run, simply measure any color, in any order, and the X-Rite 530 smartly shows you the comparative color or density difference, so you can make color-critical decisions and take cost-saving action.
Match Colors Quickly
If you need to match colors against a database of your own references or industry guides such as PANTONE®, the match feature will show you the closest match and the color difference of the closest 16 colors. Over 1400 references may be stored in the instrument at one time. Optional ColorMail® Express software allows you to manage the databases via a PC-compatible computer.
The 530 offers full spectral data, colorimetry or densitometry, all from a single, rugged instrument.
• With optional microspot, this hand-held measures color targets as narrow as 1.6 mm while most spectrophotometers measure a 4.0 mm spot size
• Provides precise color and paper analysis on a large graphic display
• Has all 500-Series functions, including density, dot area, trap, print contrast, hue error grayness, color, match, paper functions and compare
• Connect with X-RiteColor Master software (optional) to keep record of color measurements or generate accurate formulas for special ink colors
• Security features lock preferences including the enabled features, color and density references, and calibration procedure