Wide format printers are utilized to print posters, flags, billboards, banners, graphics, and general signage and in a few cases may be more economical than short-run methods such as screen printing. Wide format printers usually employ a roll of print material rather than individual sheets and may integrate hot-air dryers to avert prints from sticking to themselves as they are formed. If you are looking out for a wide format printer, it would be an easy process if you know exactly what to look out for. Here are few tips to guide you when selecting a new wide format printer:
- Color or Black&White: One of the fundamental aspects to consider while buying wide format printers is whether to buy a printer that prints color or black and white. Evaluating what you require based on the kind of print jobs you do, will help determine which type of printer is best suitable for you. Selecting a black & white or color printer mostly depends on what you expect your output to be.
- Quality of an image: It is imperative to consider the way wide format printer transpires the data. An appropriate way to judge the image quality is to see for yourself.
- Performance and Speed: Look further than initial and technical specifications while looking at speed and performance of the wide format printer. For realistic valuation carry your own print files to the demo floor and gauge the performance of the printer.
- Costs: When you inquire about the cost of wide format printers you will come across different answers. Don’t forget there is more to it than what is on the price tag. It is advisable to take a look at the cost of all consumables like toner, ink, media and service. Consider hidden costs, there can actually be a hefty price behind wasted resources and lost time.
- User friendliness: Companies talk about ease of use while purchasing a wide format printer. A quick look at printer user interface with screens and wizards will not tell you the real story. Inspect on how you need the printer to work by considering the number of users, consumable loading and type of print jobs.
- Environmental Sustainability: Consider the printer’s waste, energy utilization and recyclability, so you are aware of the things you need to do to preserve the environment.
Consider these guidelines while selecting a wide format printer. There is no such thing as one-size-fits all. Your selection depends on the number of people using the printer and the type of print, copy and scan jobs among others.
For more information, please call us on 833-HELLO-M1 (833-435-5661).